Monday, July 23, 2007

Monday Update...

Hi All! The rollercoaster continues! Today was a good day. I got to the NICU this morning and her nurse grabbed me right away and said, "Mya ate a full bottle for me this morning!" So, she's done that twice at that point. I fed her at noon today and she did it again! So that's three times. Her physical therapist was there with me today at noon to help with the feeding and she really had to work with her to get her to finish the whole bottle, but she did it! At 3pm she ate half a bottle and ate half a bottle again at 6pm. One of the nurses told us that she needs to eat full bottles on her own for atleast 24 hours before she can go home. I told her physical therapist this morning that she's coming home with me on Friday, so she better get her ready:) She said she didn't think that was an unrealistic goal, but we have a lot of work to do to get her home this weekend. She's maintaining her body heat now with just one blanket and with no hat. It's just the feedings that she's being so stubborn about:) Second cousin Erika is coming to visit tomorrow, so we're really excited about that! I can't wait for her to meet everybody! She's so cute you guys! And she's a lot tinier in person than you'd think. She's wearing only preemie sized sleepers . All her newborn stuff looks so huge to me! And I thought that stuff used to look tiny. Her smallest newborn sleeper would be enormous on her. Anyway- I'll update everyone again tomorrow. I also took some pics of her today but forgot the camera in the NICU. I'll post them tomorrow. Signing out...

No comments: