Monday, May 21, 2012

I Can't Believe I Did It

About a year and half ago I decided I wanted to be a runner.  I've always wanted to be a runner, but never thought I could actually do it.  I made a goal  to run five 5ks last summer and fall.  I started with just walking 30 minutes on the treadmill a few times a week.  There were days where walking that 30 minutes was tough.  My stubborn self would have to fight with my lazy self to get my feet to just keep going.  Then I started running for 2 minutes, walking for 10, running for 2, etc.  Those two minutes of running seemed like an eternity!  I could barely do it when I first started.  I would count down the seconds and at the end of those two minutes I felt like my legs just couldn't go any more!  Then after lots of determination and committment to the gym I trained and finshed a 10K at the Fargo Marathon last weekend!  I ran 6.4 miles in a little over an hour.  What!?  I had no idea I could do that.  It was one of the most amazing experiences of my life:)



No comments: