Sunday, December 12, 2010

Light-Looking!

  I LOVE LOVE LOVE looking at Christmas lights.  Love it.  This year I talked Randy into going with me.   Mya came too, of course!  I like making new family traditions and this is definitely going to be one of them.
  Here's Missy Mya all loaded up and ready to go!  We stopped at" Mickey Donalds" and got a chickie nuggets happy meal for the munchkin and off we went.

Fun stuff!

This one (below) has been my absolute favorite for years.  The pictures do not do it justice.  She has these beautiful light up holly leaves on the tree on the left.  Even Randy said, "Wow, that is really pretty!"

We have this house in town that is the token "crazy Christmas lights house".  Think the Griswolds from National Lampoons Christmas Vacation, but with a zillion inflatables.  I should have gotten more pictures of it, but there was actually a car accident at this locatin last year.  Someone was gawking at the lights and ran into another car!  What is wrong with people!:)  I was driving and taking pictures at the same time and didn't want my husband to completely freak out, so put the camera away after just a couple.

Dora and Thomas are new this year, I think....  Oh, and Mya started calling this place "Santa's House" last year, so we've kept calling it that.   It just makes sense that Santa would actually live here:)

Eeeek!!  Just love it!


2 comments:

Teresa@1800 Farmhouse Rd said...

What a great Christmas tradition this will be. We have always enjoyed this. I love it when a whole sub-division works together and the whole place is lit up. We don't have too many around here that do it anymore. :( Anyhoo, I love your comment you left about gagging the husband and shopping lol. Maybe we ought to get together for a shopping trip soon. Ha

Jacqui said...

Hello! I'm your newest follower from a Tuesday blog hop. I would love it if you would follow back at one or all four of my blogs :)

www.singleparentretreat.com
http://singlemamachallenges.blogspot.com/
http://motherdaughterconnection.blogspot.com/
http://jmconsultingservices.blogspot.com/

Have a great week!