Wednesday, December 08, 2010

All Decorated for Christmas

Merry Christmas!  It took awhile, but my entire house is finally jazzed up for the holidays!  I bought one beautiful bright red antique hutch for my dining room last year and ever since I've had this crazy obsession with bright red.  It dominated my Christmas decorating this year as well and I LOVE it:)

I have always wanted to hang a wreath over this mirror...

My apothecaries...

Okay, I know the cords behind that tree look terrilbe!  I raced around taking these photos and really didn't take the time to primp the shots... just pretend you don't see them:)  That's a black feather boa wrapped around the tree if you're wondering...  Yes, I'm that kind of girl:)

Just a shot of red on the table... a little berry tree.  Oh, and that hutch is jammed behind the chair to make room for my mammoth tree in the living room!

Another little shot of red.  Yep, I think red looks best in "little shots".

I got those wire baskets on that shelf from Ikea for, I think, a buck!  The saying above the shelf says, "Never get so busy making a living that you forget to make a life."  I put that there so my husband sees it each day when he leaves for work.  Hint, hint:)

My big fat wreath.  It's a beast hanging that thing!  The plastic candies on the rail Mya loves.  I kind of had her in mind when I bought them at "day after christmas clearance madness" last year...

Just a little sugar bowl filled with mini mirror ball ornaments...

That is an old picture of me and Randy at our Junior Prom!  Who knew....  the good old days:)

My new shelves:)  Thanks hubby for hanging these for me.... twice:{ eek!

Hallways



Love how there's some cord hanging out of my computer hutch.  Lovely...

Ta Da!  The tree...  I have no idea how to photograph these things.  Maybe I'll try for a better one in daylight.  And, uggh, more cords...

A couple of my favorite ornaments.


Daddy's tree in the basement.

My My's Bed

And, My My's sweet little tree!

Have a sweet little Christmas!!

10 comments:

April Westerhold said...

Love it! Your house is gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

I had the same problem trying to take pictures of my tree - not an easy task! Your tree turned out nice and I think the candy on the railing is a really cute idea.

Skooks said...

I am awful at taking tree pics too. Yours still looks lovely. Love that little pinky at the end of the post. :)

Jennifer said...

Gorgeous! "They" need to figure out a new way to do things without cords. You just can't avoid em in pictures!

your home is really beautiful thanks for sharing!

How Sweet It Is-A lifestyle blog said...

Beautiful Tree. I like the pink one too.

Teresa@1800 Farmhouse Rd said...

Everything is very pretty. You did a great job, but your name is what caught my attention. We've always considered ourselves to be from the "boondocks" lol because we live so far away from everything (civilization, wal-mart, malls, etc). Glad to meet ya, I am a new follower. Stop by my place sometime.

Anonymous said...

So cute! i love the pink tree! i have one too in my daughters room.. check it out on my blog if you wanna see.. :) i am your newest follower! :)

Kelly said...

you're funny! I honestly wouldn't have even seen those cords if ya hadn't pointed them out...see how that works!
I like your tree! and I agree red is good in spurts...I can totally relate to your bio "never thought I'd be mother, small town...etc" TOTALLY relate.
have a great christmas!

Veronika said...

Everything is so festive, such a wonderful way to get into the holiday spirit! (:

The Creative Bohemian said...

My My's tree is so adorable. I saw a pink tree in the store the other day and was dying to buy it, but my decor is anything BUT pink!

Diane